Macumen turns 15 – gets a real job!
From our humble beginnings in Camperdown with just John and Jim on board in 1999 to our current digs in Stanmore with 8 staff in total we’ve finally come of age! Now that we’re an awkward teenager we’d like to thank all of our clients, suppliers and everyone we’ve met over the years that have contributed to making Macumen what it is today.
There were a few memorable moments in 1999 which may or may not compare to the birth of Macumen, we’ll let you decide.
- Space Shuttle Discovery completes the first docking with the ISS.
- The Y2K Bug didn’t happen.
- Powderfinger won album of the year at the ARIAs with Internationalist.
- Shakespeare In Love won best picture at the Oscars.
- Time Magazine names Albert Einstein as person of the century.
- Google tried to sell itself for $1 million.
- 1999 was the year of the rabbit.
- Rogan Josh won the Melbourne Cup.
- Apple introduced the Power Mac G4 (classified as a weapon by the US government).
Happy Birthday to us!